Gravesend NY- Driving in Brooklyn and other Big Cities
Do you have problems or worried about driving in big metropolitan areas or big cities? Fearless because driving class in big cities is not so difficult as one may seem. If you are not acquainted to these city streets this may present a unique set of challenges for you as a driver. A set of challenges that can be very frustrating especially for drivers who are not used to busy streets such as the streets of New York.
Have you ever taken a seat back on a weekend and take a look at your windows in the streets of Manhattan for example. Perhaps you have because when it’s a weekend every where is chocked up with traffic. Yellow cabs, cyclist, pedestrians, city buses, car hackers, emergency vehicles, all these contribute to the difficulties when driving in the city. Not all people who live in big cities know about these distractions, but the street smarts do and they take necessary precautions on their daily route.
When you are driving in these big cities, understanding these distractions and dangers will no doubt assist you to be alert and avoid them. Here are a few things to be mindful of when you are driving in big cities.
- Avoid routes with traffic jams. This can be problematic when it comes to rush hours on mornings when persons are hurriedly going to work and on evening after work. Many drivers tailgate in traffic jams creating more problems on the road. Leave one care length to be on the safe side.
- Watch Out for Cyclists. This is a must as these cyclist comes out of know where infront of you. Many cities have a bike lane next to the right hand lane of traffic and most times they break the law. Cyclist must obey the laws as needs a driver who operates a motor car.
- Road rage – As the name implies road rage is one of most indecent behaviours when driving in chocked traffic. Drivers tend to get out of control when traffic jams occurs. They may get upset if you are driving too slow or even too fast. These conflicting theories cause a clash. On one hand there is the so called Aggressive Driver. He thinks that every second counts. But, more often than not, he never stopped to do the math. Then there is the Safety Conscious Driver. He wants everybody to be careful and he gets upset when he sees an aggressive driver doing something dangerous. These drivers will yell at each other and even fight each other sometimes. The best way to avoid road rage is to drive safely and learn to maintain self control.
- Look Out for Emergency Vehicles – Emergency Vehicles can create a night mare for drivers in big cities. By any means necessary they want to get to the emergency room as fast as possible, squeezing every car on the road to do so. So drivers be alert and be patient. Exercise caution and be vigilant.
- Pedestrian Crossings – watch out for pedestrians crossing. You find most of them are common in metropolitan areas, particularly in big city streets. Often times pedestrians will jaywalk across before the lights are green on their side, so drivers remain alert at all times.
These are just a few of the hazards that can be avoided when driving in big cities by just driving safely, staying alert, watching out for the traffic lights can be helpful in getting out of city traffic quickly. If you are stuck and there is no movement find yourself good directions, learn the city rules, its important.
You can also find out what activities in the city that will affect traffic flow and at what times. Listen to your traffic news you may get some vital information when planning your route. Stay alert at all times, limit sight seeing and remain focus.
If you are new to the city get the assistance of a GPS, technology makes the world go round. Plan your route beforehand and have a trusty navigator in the passenger seat. When you plan your route, have a good map with you, and try to take side streets when possible. Streets labeled as one way are often more predictable and easier to drive on.
City driving can be enjoyable and fun, but you have to be prepared for what will come your way. Learn how to prepare yourself with the best Brooklyn driving school. We, at Access2drive Driving School we care about our drivers, we teach new and licensed driver to understand city driving.
Learn 2 Drive the Access way with the best driving schools in Brooklyn.
We Teach you how to drive.
• Car Lessons
• CDL Bus Class B-P Training
Take one of our class for
• Defensive Driving Course (6 hour class)
• 5 hour Pre-license class
We have packages to fit your needs
• 4,6,11,16 lesson packages
Our packages include:
• 5 Hour class
• Car for road test
• Date for your test
• Lessons are 45 minutes each
Best Brooklyn Driving School